2 weeks left to enter
ENTER for your chance to WIN a trip to Universal Orlando Resort™
Experience the thrills and relaxation of the new Volcano Bay™ water theme park!
Competition closes on 08/03/2017 - 23:45
This winter make Universal Channel and Universal Orlando Resort™ your ultimate destination.
You could win a trip for two to Universal Orlando Resort™, where you’ll experience the action, thrills and excitement of three amazing theme parks, including the new Universal’s Volcano Bay™ water theme park.
Enter for your chance to win a 5-night trip for you and a guest to Universal Orlando Resort™. Including:
- Round-trip airfare to Orlando, Florida
- Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
- Accommodations on-site at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Admission to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™ theme parks, plus the new Universal's Volcano Bay™ water theme park
- Tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort™
Sapphire Falls Resort TM & © 2017 UCF Hotel Venture III. All Rights Reserved. © 2017 BMP. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2017 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
To win, answer the question(s) belowAll competitions are subject to our standard online Terms and Conditions
Terms & conditions
Competition terms and conditions
All competitions are subject to the standard online terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
NBCU GLOBAL NETWORKS ASIA PTE LTD
Universal Channel: Win a trip to Universal Orlando Resort
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entry into the Promotion
1. All competitions are subject to the standard online terms and conditions.
Entry into the Promotion
2. This Promotion (the “PROMOTION”) is conducted by NBCU Global Networks Asia Pte Ltd (“NBCU”) with its registered address at Level 7, 140 William Street Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia and with the office address at ABN: 24 349 013 705 of 1 Munn Street, Millers Point, NSW, 2000 (the “PROMOTER”)
3. The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
4. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The Promotion is only open to eligible entrants (the “ENTRANTS”), being individuals who are:
a) permanent residents of Australia; and
b) over the age of 18, or, if under the age of 18, the winner’s parent or legal guardian will have to accept the prize on his/her behalf; and
c) subscribers of FOXTEL, Optus TV featuring FOXTEL, FOXTEL from Telstra , or who live in a household with a FOXTEL, Optus TV featuring FOXTEL, FOXTEL from Telstra, Optus TV with Fetch or Fetch TV subscription and have the subscriber’s permission;
and are not:
d) employees of the Promoter, FOXTEL, Optus TV featuring FOXTEL, FOXTEL from Telstra, Optus TV with Fetch, Fetch TV, or an employee of these companies’ related corporations or agencies or any other company associated with the Promoter and the Promotion; or
e) a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee.
6. Entry to the Promotion commences at 09:00hrs (AEST) on Thursday 13th July, 2017 and closes at 23:59hrs (AEST) on Thursday 3rd August, 2017 (the “PROMOTION PERIOD”).
7. All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney time, which will be AEST. All times are stated using the 24 hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
8. The Promotion will primarily be advertised on:
Universal Channel on Foxtel.
Universal Website www.universalchannel.com.au
Universal Channel Facebook page www.facebook.com/universalchannelaustralia
9. To enter the Promotion and be eligible to win, entrants must:
a) go to Universal Channel Website at www.universalchannel.com.auand, if they are not already a registered site user, they must click through to Promotion and register their details
b) complete the 25 words or less competition question
c) complete all of the required data entry fields in the registration form
10. Details collected include (but are not limited to) full name, address, date of birth, phone number and e-mail address. Mandatory details will be indicated on the entry form.
11. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet service provider.
12. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated Prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses to register single or multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
15. Entries must be received by 23:59hrs Thursday 3rd August, 2017. The time of entry will in each case be the time an online entry is received. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries
16. There will be one (1) Major Prize to be won in this Promotion (“Prize”). The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a six (6) day, five (5) night trip for Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”). The Prize will include:
a) round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and one (1) Guest from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL;
b) five (5) nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion);
c) non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL;
d) 3 Park Explorer tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, for Winner and one (1) Guest;
e) admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Winner and one (1) Guest.
17. The Total RRP Prize Value is up to $USD6,742.33.
18. Trip must be completed by Friday 3rd August, 2018 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal Orlando and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
19. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
20. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner.
21. RRP of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated RRP and final RRP of Prize will not be awarded.
22. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are non- transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal Orlando.
23. The Prizes are not transferable, non-endorsable, non-refundable or not redeemable for cash. The Prizes or any element of the Prizes cannot be exchanged for any other Prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element. The contents of the Prizes will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prizes are subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the elements of the Prizes. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that each Prize winner must comply with any conditions of use of the Prizes and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
24. The Winner is advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize.
25. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entries.
26. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize become the responsibility of the Winner, including:
a) additional taxes (excluding departure and any other flight-associated taxes, where flights are included in the Prize);
b) costs associated with inoculations, passports and visa applications;
d) travel insurance;
e) spending money
g) transport to/from an airport departure or return point;
h) any additional sightseeing or activities; and
i) all other incidental and ancillary costs incurred by the Winner and/or their travel partner as a direct or indirect result of taking the Prize
27. The Prize Winner and their travel partner are responsible for any amendment fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
28. All aspects of the Prize must be taken together as a package. Travel must be taken at the time specified by the Promoter. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take a Prize or an element of a Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, that Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited by that Winner and the prize will be redrawn.
29. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
30. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value.
31. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed at no cost to the Promoter.
32. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s acceptance of the Prize to appear in connection with any media or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result.
34. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
35. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
WINNERS AND AWARDING OF PRIZE
36. Entries will be judged based on originality and creative merit. The Prize Winner will be determined from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The Prize Winner will be selected from 09:00 Tuesday 8th August, 2017. The Prize Winner will be notified in writing and by phone within two (2) days of their selection.
37. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
38. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
39. If the Prize remains unclaimed by 11:00hrs (AEDT) on Tuesday 22nd August, 2017, a new Winner will be selected for the unclaimed Prize. In the event of a re-selected winner, they will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) days of this draw.
40. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
41. All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as a Prize winner or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
42. All Prize Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their Prize winning and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their Prize.
43. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, FOXTEL, Telstra, Optus, Universal Orlando, or the Promoter’s agents for the Promotion for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winners from winning the Prizes.
44. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify:
a) any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory; or
b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
45. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Promotion or to vary, postpone or cancel the Promotion or award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Promotion entry requirements; or
b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Promotion or award the Prize/s (or a part of any Prize) for any reason beyond its control.
46. In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Promotion or varies or withdraws the Prizes (or a part of any Prize) it shall not:
a) be liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage (including costs, loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
b) be required to conduct the Promotion at any other time.
47. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into NBCU Global Networks Asia Pte Ltd database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates. It is each entrant’s responsibility to inform the Promoter if his or her contact details change during the Promotion Period.
48. The Promoter and the associated agencies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any, computer on-line systems, communication networks, computer equipment, software, websites (and associated website accounts and applications), or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
49. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Promotion is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
50. Entrants enter the Promotion at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter or Universal Orlando shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained by a Prize winner as a result of taking the Prizes or entering the Promotion.
51. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
52. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Promotion (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying winners). Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. Entrants are also advised that from time to time, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to third parties (including, but not limited to, third party Prize providers) for the purpose of administering Prizes or for other purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
53. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
54. In consideration for the Promoter awarding a Prize to a Prize winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the Prize (or Prizes) to appear in connection with the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
55. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force the laws of each of the relevant State authorities. Each Entrant hereby submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in each of the relevant state, for the resolution of any issue, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with the Promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
56. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), our liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited (at our election), to the extent we are able to do so: (1) in the case of supply of goods, doing any one or more of the following: (a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (b) repairing the goods; (c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (2) in the case of supply of services, doing either or both of the following: (a)supplying the services again; and/or (b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
57. Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. doing business as Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”) is a prize supplier only in this competition; is not an organizer of this competition; and is not responsible for the administration of the competition, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Orlando Resort trip itself shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, USA, without regard to conflict of laws provision therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Florida, USA. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.